26 5 / 2014
"COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people."
3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
28) the way you articulate yourself is so refreshing
29) you have that “brighten-up-a-room” effect
30) you’re just really good to be around
31) you foster my growth
32) you’re really good at dancing!
33) i can share silence with you
20 5 / 2014
She shows up at daybreak, her pink hair all tangled up in the blood-orange glow over the plains behind her.
She always has been one for making an entrance.
This year will be no different.
I stand there like an idiot, watching her. Too preoccupied with the length of her stride, rather than where I should be looking – at the short, razor-sharp dagger clipped to her side. I let the binoculars fall. I thought this place would buy me more time — the ice, the terrain, the dense treeline. But Fleur is fast. I can see her without the lenses now, the steady sway of her hips eating the distance between us. I squint and put the binoculars to my face, focusing on the lift of her chin as her eyes climb the mountainside, looking for me.
I duck into the shadows. The wet soil gives way too easily under my boots, leaving deep impressions and revealing a handful of tiny green shoots. As I watch, another emerges from the tread marks, uncurling toward me like a pointed finger. A knot tightens in my ribs, making the air feel thinner. Warmer.
It’s getting warmer.
She’s close. I’ll be dead by noon.
01 5 / 2014
"you can be lonely even when you are loved by many people, since you are still not anybody’s one and only."